The black-on-black MPK Mini mkII from Akai Professional is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It features twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action mini keys, a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads in two banks, and eight assignable Q-Link knobs. With an array of hardware controls, the MPK Mini allows for recording, composing, and performing, whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Dedicated octave-up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built-in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional's line of MPC workstations.
- Twenty-five synth-action mini keys
- Four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation control
- Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with note repeat and full level
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated octave-up and octave-down buttons
- Ultra-compact design allows for creating anywhere
- USB powered - no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)