Sound Like a Legend
The WA-251 was created to offer a classic microphone design to a new generation of recording artists at an affordable price. Warm spent a great deal of time listening to different '251 microphones to determine what people liked about them and why, how various styles of components impact the tone, and how to give the WA-251 microphone a signature that pays homage to the vintage classic, but also stands out on its own.
The WA-251 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern, large condenser microphone, based on the classic '251 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-251 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The classic '251 became extremely popular as a vocal microphone in the 1960s and is now considered to be one of the greatest condenser microphones ever created. The classic '251 is still widely used today in professional recording studios but has become extremely rare and cost prohibitive to acquire. Designing the WA-251 to sound like the classic '251 was no easy task, especially since some of the vintage components are no longer manufacturered or available. We are pleased to release such a gorgeous-sounding classic to the market at a price that's reachable to more people than ever before.
Includes: External power supply, shock mount, wood box, 7-pin cable
- CUSTOM WA-12-B-60V EDGE TERMINATED, DUAL-BACKPLATE,
ALL-BRASS VINTAGE CK12-STYLE CAPSULE
- CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- JJ SLOVAK 12AY7 VACUUM TUBE
- GOTHAM 5 METER GAC-7, 7-PIN TUBE MICROPHONE CABLE
- WIMA, SOLEN FRENCH, AND POLYSTYRENE CAPACITORS
- POLAR PATTERNS: 3 PATTERNS - CARDIOID, OMNI, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 20 HZ~20 KHZ
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 200 OHMS
- MAXIMUM SPL: 132DB (<0.5% THD)
- RATED LOAD IMPEDANCE: ≥2KOHMS
- S/N RATIO: 80DBA
- EQUIVALENT NOISE: 12DBA (IEC651)
- EXTERNAL IEC GROUNDED PSU
- TOTAL WEIGHT (MIC, PSU, SHOCKMOUNT, CABLES) - 12 LBS
- MIC DIMENSIONS: 247MM X 46MM
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 125DBA
- INCLUDES: MICROPHONE, WOOD BOX, PSU, SHOCK-MOUNT AND GOTHAM CABLE.