The new WA-87 R2 uses top-quality components like a NOS Fairchild transistor and high-bandwidth polystyrene and film capacitors from Wima. The WA-87 R2 uses a custom-wound Cinemag USA output transformer like the original WA-87 did, with the new version providing a slightly increased output level and improved frequency response. We also employed the same capsule the WA-87 uses, which was designed to the exact specifications of the ones found in the vintage mics.
The WA-87 R2 also features three polar patterns (cardioid, omni and figure 8) so you're covered for a wide variety of applications, and an 80Hz high pass filter reduces low-frequency rumble if needed. The switchable -10dB pad comes in handy when you want to record extremely loud sources and not overload the internal electronics. The WA-87 R2 works brilliantly on vocals, drum overheads, guitars, piano, auxiliary percussion, brass, strings and more. Not only that, it's the same price as the original WA-87, so you can afford to have several in your mic locker!
- LARGE DIAPHRAGM STUDIO CONDENSER MICROPHONE, WITH A FAITHFUL REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL VINTAGE 87-STYLE CIRCUIT
- ALL DISCRETE PREMIUM COMPONENTS, INCLUDING A NOS FAIRCHILD TRANSISTOR AND WIMA/NICHICON CAPACITORS
- CUSTOM CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- WA-87-B-50V CAPSULE—REPRODUCTION OF CLASSIC DUAL BACKPLATE (FOUR-WIRE TERMINATION) K87 CAPSULE
- NICKEL-PLATED BRASS BODY
- THREE POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT, AND OMNIDIRECTIONAL
- -10DB PAD AND 80HZ HIGH PASS FILTER
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ – 20KHZ
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125DB (WITHOUT PAD), 132DB
- DIAPHRAGM: 6-MICRON THICKNESS, GOLD-SPUTTERED MEMBRANE, NOS MYLAR (PET FILM)
- NOISE: -117DB
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: WOODEN STORAGE CASE, HARD MOUNT, AND SHOCK MOUNT. (OPTIONAL FLIGHT CASE AVAILABLE)
- WEIGHT (FULLY BOXED): 6.5 LBS / 3 KG